Thursday, April 3, 2008

Brands, My Friends Part 1

Brands aren't about form or function. The meaning of a brand is endued in the relationship you have with it. And if brands are inherently relationship based it should come to pass that you'd have friends (and enemies).

So here begins a series where i tell you about the brand-friends I have. Now i'm not just going to tell you about my best friends, but some some casual friends as well. The brands I like to hang out with on a day to day basis.

Apple

No surprise hear I guess. The interesting thing is that we are going through a bit of a rocky patch in our relationship ... I call it Leopard. In theory the new operating system is awesome. But I'm finding applications are crashing on a regular basis. Now, i love Apple because they make things easy. Like the ads say, stuff just works. Right now stuff isn't working, but I know they'll get it sorted. They always do. And if, they don't, i get the impression they'll have tried.

Foodtown

The most convenient supermarket to my place is actually a Pak N Save. If i want to buy some cereal, or dishwashing liquid, chips or coke, that'd be the place I go. Apparently it's far cheaper (although i've never really compared). But because they're so cheap I pretty sketchy on their meat and their range seems to be pretty limited. I can't say I love Foodtown, but they always have what i want and i trust the quality of their produce. They're definitely my supermarket of choice. It's comfortable.

Whitaker's Milk Chocolate

I recently got introduced to Whitaker's Milk Chocolate and Dried Apricot. Put the chocolate in your mouth, suck for a while, then add the apricot. Chew. It's amazing. No other chocolate would work so well ... in saying that I've never tried.

More of my favourites coming soon ...

No comments: